The Wind Through the Keyhole

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: The Wind Through the Keyhole

Post by TheCollector »

A #676 and #908. Well that's good enough! One is aftermarket I'm sure so I'll need to check with DMG to see what they have on file for me.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I received the books I got off eBay today and it turns out both the s/l and AE are #196. This number is being collected by a member of TDT.org, so I told him I'd do an even swap if he can come up with a set under #800.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

That's awsome of you John!
thegwar

Post by thegwar »

Is it me or is everyone over number 800 upset at such a low signed limited from DMG. Ever since DT III it has been more.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

That's not true. DT VII was 1500 copies, while Little Sisters of Eluria was 1250. Now Wind Through the Keyhole is 800. That's all King agreed to sign. It wasn't up to Grant to tell him to do more.

John
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

TheCollector wrote:That's awsome of you John!
The number itself doesn't mean that much to me. Just so I get one that's below 800 .

John
ShannonsMovies

Post by ShannonsMovies »

Am I being too optimistic here by thinking that Betts/Ebay will have copies of them available for less than it would cost to buy a marked up lower numbered LSOE AND a WTTK S/L from Grant? I'm fine with owning a higher numbered LSOE and a slightly higher priced version of WTTK aftermarketed. No?

Shannon
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I think, because this is a true NEW Dark Tower story, that this edition will sell out fairly quickly and then go up in price. I don't really see any drop from the initial retail price.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

ShannonsMovies wrote:Am I being too optimistic here by thinking that Betts/Ebay will have copies of them available for less than it would cost to buy a marked up lower numbered LSOE AND a WTTK S/L from Grant? I'm fine with owning a higher numbered LSOE and a slightly higher priced version of WTTK aftermarketed. No?

Shannon
So the Dark Tower series is very popular among collectors, and people are more vested I think because they already have 8 S/L's in the series. I'm going to estimate a $200-$300 premium on ebay over issue price right out of the gate. So if you find a Little Sisters for a smaller premium get it.

If the price shoots higher then then it'll probably be cheaper to pick up TWTTK on the secondary market once it's released.
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

I have a question, is it 1-800 of DT VII or of LSOE?