Sleeping Beauties S/L announced

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
deckard2112

Sleeping Beauties S/L announced

Post by deckard2112 »

http://www.cemeterydance.com/sleeping-b ... ition.html

Just bagged my copy... Phew
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Sleeping Beauties S/L announced

Post by TheCollector »

Hey Deckared, thanks for thinking of the forum - but CD asked we hold off on making any general announcements until they give the all clear. Good news is the general announcement went out today :) Full details below.

================

Special Features Exclusive to this Collector's Edition:
• Deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing
• Printed on a heavy interior specialty acid-free paper stock that is much thicker than the paper in a normal trade edition
• Featuring two colors of hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
• Smyth sewn to create a more durable binding
• Deluxe bindings for all editions with colored head and tail bands
• Custom-made slipcase for the Gift Edition, custom-made traycase for the Signed Limited Edition, and hand-made traycase for the Deluxe Lettered Edition
• Epic wrap-around full color dust jacket artwork by Jana Heidersdorf
• A different full-color dust jacket for Signed Limited Edition
• Six to Eight full-color interior paintings by Jana Heidersdorf printed on a high-quality glossy stock and tipped into the book
• High-quality endpapers for all editions
• Full-color signature sheets in the signed editions
• Extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the print run of the trade hardcover edition from Scribner — and you will NOT find our edition in chain bookstores!

Published in three states:
• Slipcased Oversized Hardcover Gift Edition of only 1,750 illustrated copies printed in two colors with two-color hot foil stamping, a fine binding, and housed in a custom-made slipcase exclusive to this edition ($125)
• Traycased Oversized Hardcover Signed Limited Edition of only 850 illustrated copies printed in two colors with two-color hot foil stamping, a satin ribbon page marker and embossed endpapers, signed by Stephen King, Owen King, and Jana Heidersdorf, and housed in a custom-made traycase exclusive to this edition ($475)
• Oversized Signed Hardcover Lettered Edition of only 52 illustrated copies printed in two colors and bound in two different fine materials with gilded page edges, imported endpapers, a satin ribbon page marker, signed by Stephen King, Owen King, and Jana Heidersdorf, and protected in a hand-made deluxe box ($2,500)

Ordering Multiple Copies:
There is a limit of one (1) Limited Edition and one (1) Lettered Edition per person or household. There is currently no limit on the Gift Edition, although that might change in the near future due to the very low print run. Please note that we cannot combine multiple orders later on, so if you want to save on shipping, please place one order for all of the editions you want.

Matching Numbers or Letters:
If you would like us to match your Number or your Letter from the Doubleday Years Set, you will need to REPLY to your Sleeping Beauties order confirmation email and tell us right away what the Number and/or Letter is. If multiple people request the same Number or Letter, we will give that Number or Letter to the customer who can provide proof they still own that set of the Doubleday Years books when it is time to ship Sleeping Beauties.

General Shipping Information:
This is an oversized hardcover special edition protected by a custom-made slipcase or traycase, depending on the edition you order. This special edition must be shipped in a custom-made shipping box and we will be hiring extra staff just to ship these orders.
MrLevity

Post by MrLevity »

I got mine through the CD collectors club last week. It would be interesting to know how many copies were left for the general announcement.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Well I saw the general announcement at about 11:50am my time. I was wrapping up doing monthly listing updates when it came in so I just rushed out the newsletter about 15 minutes later. Sometime between 1:30-1:50pm they sold out of the S/L.