SK's short story "N" available as a 25 episode animated film

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
e_taylor

Re: SK's short story "N" available as a 25 episode animated film

Post by e_taylor »

So guys, now that its over - what are your thoughts?

For me it had that classic King feel to it, and I LOVED the obvious Lovecraft influence.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I really, really, liked the webisodes. Not only did it keep me coming back for more each day, but I also felt like it was more "classic King", except for the fact that the ending didn't quite wrap up as neatly as King used to, it's more like his recent .....

See.. you wanted me to say something after the dots. I wanted to know what happened with the field and/or the reporter. Maybe the actual story has more, but I doubt it. SK's been doing a lot of these open ended endings in the last few years.

Personally I thought the music added the most to it. It was pretty creepy and added that bit of realism to the still drawings.
MikeDuke

Post by MikeDuke »

I thought it was very cool as well. It did not wrap it up but that's OK. It sort of gives you the sense that it will NEVER be wrapped up. That's the point. I thought the music was cool as well. I will probably watch it again from start to end again soon.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Yeah, I'm going to pick up the collector's edition of Just after sunset, as it includes all 25 episodes on DVD (hopefully in a larger size). It's only an extra 6 bucks,

here's the link if you're interested
MikeDuke

Post by MikeDuke »

So is Amazon the only place you can get the "limited" copy with the N dvd?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

It's the only place I've seen it advertized. Betts books and others only show the 1st edition.

I think it's probably some deal with amazon. I don't expect the text to be any different, you just get the DVD and an alternate DJ.
e_taylor

Post by e_taylor »

TheCollector wrote:It's the only place I've seen it advertized. Betts books and others only show the 1st edition.

I think it's probably some deal with amazon. I don't expect the text to be any different, you just get the DVD and an alternate DJ.
Chapters/Indigo in Canada has it available for pre-order as well.
MikeDuke

Post by MikeDuke »

TheCollector wrote:It's the only place I've seen it advertized. Betts books and others only show the 1st edition.

OK Thanks. I guess the only way to get it otherwise is to get the book and then wait for the dvd of N by itself.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I noticed that Powell's Books in Portland Oregon also has a pre-order available on their site for the Collector's Set:

http://www.powells.com/biblio/1439115303?&PID=531

It's cheaper from Amazon, though.

John