New UK Signed Limited of Doctor Sleep

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
jhanic

Re: New UK Signed Limited of Doctor Sleep

Post by jhanic »

I got mine Friday. #108.

John
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

So let me get this straight. There are 5 versions of the UK Dr. Sleep. How many of the US version?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Bob M wrote:So let me get this straight. There are 5 versions of the UK Dr. Sleep. How many of the US version?
The trade Scribner edition and the three (gift, signed numbered and signed lettered) coming from Cemetery Dance.

There are also proofs of the US, CD and UK editions.

John
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

Has anyone seen a copy of the Waterstone edition of the UK Dr. Sleep? It is the only version I do not have and would like to pick one up. If anyone knows where I can get one please PM me.
The only ones Waterstone has is the trade and the 1/700 limited.

Thanks

Bob
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Here's a picture of my copy:

They seem fairly scarce. I've not seen one on eBay, although the WH Smith version is rather common there.

John
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

So, sent an e-mail to Waterstones asking about their exclusive issue. They refered me to a page for the 1/700 limited edition saying that was their exclusive edition. The customer service department knows nothing about the version pictured above. If anyone can help me locate a copy please let me know. Any other info about this version would greatly help.

Thanks

Bob
jonp

Post by jonp »

Hi Bob,
I only edition that I have seen in the Waterstones stores is the exclusive issue - I don't think they have stocked the 1st trade edition. This is the same as the WHSmiths edition in their stores. The edition I had most trouble finding in the UK was the trade 1st edition!!
If you wish I will try and get you a copy when i'm next in town at Waterstones - likely to be at the weekend. If that fails Asda supermarket were stocking this edition but without the sticker. I will get a first printing if they still have copies - the trade edition was on a fourth printing a week ago.
Jon
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

John posted a picture of his above. I'm guessing that this was a special edition and is long since gone. I have a trade(on order with CD), WHSmith edition( hope these are not the same, a 1/700 limited and a signed limited. Looking for the one with the Waterstones sticker on the front and the extra authors note. If you can find one of those, that wouldbe great.

Thanks

Bob
jonp

Post by jonp »

Hi Bob

The exclusive issue with sticker from Waterstones, that John posted a picture of, is the version i've seen instore and I bought a copy for my collection. I will let you know at the weekend if I could get a copy. May get a few copies if available.
regards
Jon
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Here's a scan of my copy of the WH Smith edition. Note the purple coloring on it, plus it says "Exclusive Limited Edition Cover" on the bottom.

John