Blockade Billy - New SK Novella from CD

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
fleggett

Re: Blockade Billy - New SK Novella from CD

Post by fleggett »

I'm curious as well as to when the book will be published, but keep in mind that there are two books that were on the production slate before BB - Douglas Clegg's The Vampyricon Trilogy and Riding the Bullet (in that order). If BB isn't fast-tracked to the front of the line, I realistically don't see it appearing until 2011. Several people on Shocklines were unhappy that BB was almost instantaneously published by CD while many other titles have languished for years and I can understand that frustration.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

The latest email from Cemetery Dance re the slipcases:

Hi there!

You're receiving this email because you purchased a slipcase for Blockade Billy by Stephen King.

We're pleased to report that our slipcase maker expects to have the prototype in our hands next week, and their schedule is almost set for the rest of the summer. If all goes well, we're estimating they'll be done making these cases in August, but we'll send you another email when we have a confirmed date.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

For any Non-US fans out there that may have ordered a slipcase from CD, I just received confirmation my international order has been shipped.

Just an FYI for anyone still waiting for theirs
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Were the limited or lettered editions of Billy ever released? I'm asking because I can now (maybe) afford one of the limiteds (if the seller doesn't raise the price unreasonably), but I don't want to pursue this if they are not out yet
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Neither edition is out yet. According to Brian Freeman, the limited (numbered) edition should start shipping around the end of January, 2011. I'm not sure about the lettered.

John
The books have been delivered and they are beautiful. I'm working on an update for the list, and I've posted some photos on the Lonely Road Books website if you want to check them out:

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/books...ly/photos.html

The binding is gorgeous and everything turned out even better than I hoped. The Lettered Edition uses an imported Japanese book cloth that feels incredible, but was kind of tough to work with. I think the binder did an amazing job.

The traycases are taking longer than originally planned due to the manufacturer being overwhelmed by higher than expected demand for their holiday gift box business (the same people who are making the Full Dark traycase, but these Billy traycases are a more complicated production), so it looks like they won't be completed until the middle of January. I'll have the books all numbered and lettered and ready to ship the moment the cases arrive, though!

Best,
Brian