Anniversary editions annouced by Cemetery Dance

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Anniversary editions annouced by Cemetery Dance

Post by TheCollector »

BrianJamesFreeman wrote:
TheCollector wrote:You know what I think would be really neat Brian? If there was some way to differentiate the added text in the uncut version from the original 1978 release. For example the added uncut text in Red, sort of how some bibles show where Jesus is speaking directly in red....Hope that makes sense.

I've always been curious exactly what was added, but never had the time to sit down and put each book side by side to document the changes. I don't know any edition that has tried.
I've always thought that would be a neat idea, too.

Brian
Of course, you are in the unique position to bring that idea to fruition ;)
doktordru

Post by doktordru »

TheCollector wrote:
BrianJamesFreeman wrote:
TheCollector wrote:You know what I think would be really neat Brian? If there was some way to differentiate the added text in the uncut version from the original 1978 release. For example the added uncut text in Red, sort of how some bibles show where Jesus is speaking directly in red....Hope that makes sense.

I've always been curious exactly what was added, but never had the time to sit down and put each book side by side to document the changes. I don't know any edition that has tried.
I've always thought that would be a neat idea, too.

Brian
Of course, you are in the unique position to bring that idea to fruition ;)
Wow, that would be super cool, sure gets my vote!

Andrew
TrueNorth

Post by TrueNorth »

You know what I think would be really neat Brian? If there was some way to differentiate the added text in the uncut version from the original 1978 release. For example the added uncut text in Red, sort of how some bibles show where Jesus is speaking directly in red....Hope that makes sense.

I've always been curious exactly what was added, but never had the time to sit down and put each book side by side to document the changes. I don't know any edition that has tried.[/quote]

This is an out of the park idea.....I see why you get the big bucks!

If not red perhaps use a bold or italic font? It would keep costs down and may flow better. Maybe red for the lettered edition and bold for the gift and numbered?

I love it!
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

What a great idea. I would be in for buying one of these.

Bob
sandler77

Post by sandler77 »

Great idea. I believe I have a copy of The Neverending Story, which is printed in two colors. One color is the story of the main character, and when he reads the large book in the story, the actual story itself is printed in another color. Pretty cool read with this printing. It would be great to see this again. Maybe Brian at CD can use his powers to make this happen!!!
BrianJamesFreeman

Post by BrianJamesFreeman »

Small production update/plan change for Carrie I wanted to note. At today's production meeting, we decided to go with full color illustrated endpapers for the Numbered Artist Edition. They'll look really sharp with the cover artwork for the AE, which we've now seen a preliminary version of and think our collectors will really like. We'll post the AE cover artwork once we have the final version all designed, so probably in two or three weeks.

Brian Freeman
Cemetery Dance Publications
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

It should be pointed out that even though the advertisement says, "originally published by Doubleday back in the 1970s and early 1980s", The Stand will be the "Complete and Ucut" version from 1990.

So its not the original Stand.
BrianJamesFreeman

A sneak preview of the production update we're emailing to the CARRIE customers today. Here's the cover for the Numbered Artist Edition:

Brian
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Awesome.

And I hear you are going with a "no text" approach for the front cover?
BrianJamesFreeman

jimimck wrote:Awesome.

And I hear you are going with a "no text" approach for the front cover?
Correct!

Brian